At St Meriadoc Junior Academy our RE curriculum entails encouragement of each student to interpret and respond to a variety of concepts, beliefs and practices within religions and to their own and others’ cultural and life experiences.

We have implemented the Cornwall Agreed Syllabus 2014, where we deliver a broad R.E. curriculum where 60% of the curriculum time is spent on Christianity and Curriculum Kernewek whilst the other 40% of the time develops a knowledge and understanding of four other main religions in Great Britain. At lower Key Stage 2 the children learn about Islam and Judaism and at upper Key Stage 2 the children learn about Sikhism and Hinduism.

As of the school year 2017/18, we have implemented the planning resource of Understanding Christianity which is a Church of England Education Office project. It aims to ‘help all teachers support pupils in developing their own thinking and their understanding of Christianity, as a contribution to their understanding of the world and their own experience within it.’